Committee Position Description – President
The President has overall responsibility for the club’s administration and future direction. The President provides leadership and direction to the club’s committee, office bearers, officials and members. In addition to governance responsibility the President is tasked with ensuring that the committee and club operates in the best interest of its player and members and in concert with it’s stated and published policies and philosophies.
General Committee Duties
- Attend monthly Committee meetings. (11 per annum)
- Attend Club Social events – Family Night, Presentation Nights and fundraisers
- Assist in the set up, running and cleaning up of all club events – Registration Day, Gear Pick up day, Family nights, Presentation nights etc.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s Rules and Regulations.
- Be aware of the future directions of the Club.
- Maintain confidentiality about club and committee matters.
- Be aware of legal privacy regulations and ensure the requirements are implemented.
Role Specific Duties
- To set the overall annual committee agenda (consistent with the views of members), help the committee prioritise its goals and then work within that overall framework.
- To provide strong, efficient and effective leadership for the Club.
- To ensure the Club promotes participation, enjoyment and welfare of all it’s junior members.
- Ensure the Club is run efficiently administratively, financially and socially to support the on field activities.
- To provide support to the other Office bearers and all Committee and assist other Committee members in their duties as required.
- To provide a safe and enjoyable recreational environment for all Club members and office bearers.
- Be key liaison with other Tenant and stakeholders of Balwyn Park; Balwyn Senior Football Club & Balwyn Cricket Club.
- Be responsible for, or schedule, the setting up and closing of Balwyn Park on Home game days:
- Open up Sporting Pavilion, Home & Away Club Rooms, Public Toilets
- Ensure pavilion and toilets are stocked and clean
- Make sure stretcher is available
- Ensure Canteen is open
- Set up scoreboard and scoring computer
- Make available goal padding for teams to dress goalposts
- Ensure Balwyn Park is ready in every way to host football games
- Be well informed of all organisation activities
- Have a good working knowledge of the constitution, rules and the duties of all office holders and subcommittees
- In conjunction with the League Director represent the club to the YJFL.
- Ensure sub committee’s and committee members fulfil their responsibilities to the Club.
- Preside at all meetings of the Committee.
- Report activities of the portfolio to the membership at the Annual General Meeting.
- In conjunction with the Treasurer ensure that planning and budgeting for the future is carried out in accordance with the wishes of the members
- Ensure the clubs financial management procedures remain on target.
- Maintain an overview of the club’s strategic planning process.
- Ensure at all times the management of the club remains positive and progressive and the objects and aims of the club are communicated respected and observed.
- Sit as a General Committee member on the Board of the Boroondara Hawks Football Club Committee
- Act as chief liaison between Balwyn Junior and Boroondara Hawks Football Clubs