Committee Position Description – Communications Manager
The role of the Club Communications Manager is to be responsible for maintaining the Club website, Mobile App, and email communication and data base via Sporting Pulse and Mailchimp.
The Communications Manager is expected to have good written communication skills and should be able to make all updates, to both the website and App, and send emails to the Club database on a timely basis.
General Committee Duties
- Attend monthly Committee meetings. (11 per annum)
- Attend Club Social events – Family Night, Presentation Nights and fundraisers
- Assist in the set up, running and cleaning up of all club events – Registration Day, Gear Pick up day, Family nights, Presentation nights etc.
- Provide support to the other Club office bearers
- Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s Rules and Regulations.
- Be aware of the future directions of the Club.
- Maintain confidentiality about club and committee matters.
- Be aware of legal privacy regulations and ensure the requirements are implemented.
Role Specific Duties
- Maintaining Club Website; including but not limited to:
- Uploading match reports for individual teams where provided;
- Adding photo’s provided to the photo gallery;
- Advertising social events on the home page; and
- Reporting/updating general club information included on the website as required or requested from Committee members (ie. Committee Contact Information, Club Policies, Registrations, Coaching Appointments, Team Contacts, etc).
- Maintaining the Sportsbag Communication Centre App; including:
- Sending Alerts as required/requested;
- Uploading match reports for individual teams where provided; and
- Reporting/updating general club information included on the App as required or requested from Committee members (ie. Committee Contact Information, Club Policies, Team Contacts, etc).
- Liaising with Website Developer, Argo Open Solutions (Peter Skipworth – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0413 962 064), as required.
- Sending mass communication emails to Club database via the Sporting Pulse and / or Mailchimp website as required.