Committee Position Description – Secretary
The club secretary is primarily responsible for all administration duties and provides the coordinating link between member, the committee and various stakeholders.
General Committee Duties
- Attend monthly Committee meetings. (11 per annum)
- Attend Club Social events – Family Night, Presentation Nights and fundraisers
- Assist in the set up, running and cleaning up of all club events – Registration Day, Gear Pick up day, Family nights, Presentation nights etc.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s Rules and Regulations.
- Be aware of the future directions of the Club.
- Maintain confidentiality about club and committee matters.
- Be aware of legal privacy regulations and ensure the requirements are implemented.
Role Specific Duties
- Establish a meeting schedule for General and Executive Committees for the current year.
- Provide secretarial support to the committee, including preparing agendas in consultation with the President.
- Collect and collate reports from office bearers.
- Prepare minutes of all committee and General Meetings of the club, distribute them in accordance with the club’s Constitution and file appropriately.
- Collate and arrange for the distribution of the annual report.
- Maintain an accurate copy of the Rules and By-Laws of the club.
- Be familiar with the roles of the Club, Competition, YJFL and any other body that has governance. Give advice to the President and committee as required.
- Receive all correspondence directed to the club, inform President, react, follow up and distribute to appropriate members.
- Act as the Public Officer of the club
- Maintain team records and match details (including weekly scores) online.
- Notice to YJFL and relevant stakeholders regarding changes to committee members and key contacts.
- Liaises with all team managers, coaches, players, parents and club staff.
- Be in regular contact with YJFL and other external stakeholders.