Committee Position Description – Sponsorship Manager
The Sponsorship Manager’s role is to maximise the number of sponsors supporting the Club and to maximise revenue from the sponsorship base. They manage the relationship between the Club and sponsors to ensure that all sponsors are serviced to a high level and are retained on a long term basis. They also provide support to the President and Committee members to ensure the efficient management of Club sponsorship activities.
General Committee Duties
- Attend monthly Committee meetings. (11 per annum)
- Attend Club Social events – Family Night, Presentation Nights and fundraisers
- Assist in the set up, running and cleaning up of all club events – Registration Day, Gear Pick up day, Family nights, Presentation nights etc.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Club’s Rules and Regulations.
- Be aware of the future directions of the Club.
- Maintain confidentiality about club and committee matters.
- Be aware of legal privacy regulations and ensure the requirements are implemented.
Role Specific Duties
- Develop a proposal, for ratification by the Committee, for sponsorship packages to be offered by the Club to attract as broad a sponsorship as possible.
- Co-ordinate all sponsorship for all areas of the Club.
- Meet the sponsorship budget target set as part of the annual financial planning process.
- Ensure all existing sponsors are contacted three months prior to the season commencement.
- Seek out new sponsors to supplement existing sponsors.
- Ensure sponsors signage is in place and all other aspects of sponsorship packages are in place prior to the commencement of the season.
- Ensure all sponsorship agreements are honoured.
- Maintain contact and strong relationships with all sponsors throughout the season.
- Sponsorship Manager is accountable to the President and the General Committee.
- Provide a report on portfolio operations to the monthly Committee meeting as required.
- Seek ratification from the appropriate Committee member prior to committing the Club to any financial expenditure or action.
- The Sponsorship Coordinator shall seek ratification from the General Committee of sponsorship packages offered by the Club and shall thereafter have the authority to act within the limits of the packages without reference to the General Committee.